Saturday, January 24, 2015

CCTV: Manhole explosion narrowly misses toddler

"She didn't have a scratch. I'm feeling very blessed she's my precious girl," mother Sanele Mhlanga said.


BIRMINGHAM, England, Jan. 23 (UPI) The mother of a 2-year-old girl who was seen on CCTV cameras narrowly evading a blown manhole cover said it was "a miracle" she wasn't hit.
West Midlands Fire and Rescue posted CCTV footage from the Thursday incident in Birmingham, England, showing how the manhole exploded and launched its cover while Sanele Mhlanga was walking by with her daughter, Karen.

The manhole cover narrowly misses Karen Mhlanga, who runs to her mother in the video.

"She didn't have a scratch. I'm feeling very blessed she's my precious girl," Mhlanga told the BBC.

"I was just calling Karen to come towards me and the next thing I just froze and thought 'my God, what's happening,'" she said. "[The thought of] losing my only daughter was really quite shocking it's a miracle I'm still holding her like this."

The National Grid said gas emergency service workers are investigating the cause of the explosion.


Source: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/01/23/CCTV-Manhole-explosion-narrowly-misses-toddler/3971422031732/?spt=sec&or=on

No comments:

Post a Comment